SNAP CITY UI DESIGN

This was the funnest part to the whole UI experience. By this point I had been cranking out UI for a good three and a half months for like 8-12 hours a day, and I was itching to do somethign illustrative again; so, this couldn't have come at a better time. There wasn't much time, so I had to rough out a bunch of ideas quickly. I had actually completed a menu which was very similar tot he middle piece, but when marketing came back with the finalized "SNAP CITY" Logo, I was in a little trouble because originally I was going to design the title to fit on the curved road apporoaching from the right. But with 6 hours to go, I reluctantly scrapped the whole foreground and came up with the road dipping and curving into the foreground which I am so much happier with because it made me get rid of the ugly little car and come up with something a bit more edgy. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, these are cool. I've never done UI work, and since is your first attempt at, I'd say you're damn good!

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

i agree with Amie! this is awesome, thanks for posting all of this!