This is our version of a Meta Map. Click on a chunk of color to play that level. We really wanted to do a different sort of map, not some birds eye view, connect the dots map, but somethign viually more stimulating and satisfying once you complete it. A reward of some sort in itself. So I came up with this idea of a city scape. Each colored piece would be a stage within the level. You would know if you've completed the stage when it appeared in full color. Quick and easy to read each time you start the game. This would have been really great to take to a completion, but I had to complete the rest of the UI. Instead, it was handed off to Patrick Roth, my buddy, who was creating all the building assets. I could not have imagined a more polished look. It looks awesome. I was very happy with team work involved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

polished is a good word. i like the flood lights on the billboard.

Unknown said...

COOLIO design!